Clearfunds uses bank-level security measures including the strongest available browser encryption, secure servers, and identity verification services.
Liked this? Read our blog
We work hard to keep building ways to keep your accounts safe. We've implemented a number of security procedures, including:
- Browser encryption. Connections between you and our servers are secured to industry standard specifications.
- PCI-DSS 3.0 Compliant Payment Gateway: Our payment gateway partner for all your financial payments is Techprocess. Their in-house fraud management system and risk management weeds out probable fraudulent transactions.
- Your Money is Safe. Your funds pass through our Payment Gateway partner directly to the Mutual Fund Company's bank account. The only amount that ever hits our bank account is our fee.
- Secure Servers. All your account information is encrypted and stored behind secure monitored firewalls in a facility that is safeguarded 24-hours-a-day.
- System Outage Protection. We maintain continuous encryption, auditing, logging, backups, and safe-guarding of data.
We've also run a number of safeguards to help protect your account. Some of these are:
- Identity Verification. Connections between you and our servers are secured to industry We run identity verification checks for all new customers to confirm that the information provided is accurate and ties into your KYC (Know Your Customer) records at the Government approved KYC Registration Agencies.
- Transaction Review. We monitor transactions on an automatic and manual basis to detect potentially fraudulent and suspicious behavior on our customer accounts.
- Automatic Logout. If you are inactive for an extended period of time we automatically log you out so unauthorized people cannot access your account.
- Contact Information Safety. We send you an email notification upon changes to your contact information to both your previous and updated addresses.
- Personalised emails. Emails coming from Clearfunds will generally address you by name, so you can be confident we know who you are and the email is coming from us.
It's important to remember that even with all of these security features in place, we need your help to keep your personal account secure. When conducting your personal financial business online, you must:
- Use Strong Passwords. Your password is the key to your Betterment account, so we want to help ensure that you're using a good, strong password. Each time you create or reset your account password, we'll help you see how strong it is. We recommend using unique passwords across all of your online services.
- Keep Your Computer Safe: Make sure you are running the latest versions of your operating system and browser software, and that all security updates are installed. Maintain updated anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software. This is far easier than it sounds - most systems and applications offer automatic update options today.
- Be Careful When Using Public Wi-Fi. You should try not to log into websites containing sensitive personal details or financial information from public or unsecured Wi-Fi networks. If you must access these websites from an unsecured network, make sure the web address begins with “https” (the “s” means that it is secure).
- If You See Something, Say Something. You periodically review your account to verify your activity and transactions. Clearfunds sends transactional emails to confirm any movement into or out of your account, and you can also review your account activity at any time from your Clearfunds dashboard. If at any time you suspect that your account may have been compromised or misused, please contact our support team immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 90225-22555.